The PINK Commander!!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Is it SO much to ask? Is it cruel and unusual punishment? Why won't my kids pick up after themselves? I know I can't expect them to do it on their own, but why can't they just pick up the crayons and put them back in the cabinet when I ask them to, without a huge fight? I set the timer and say "Pick this up before it dings or I will take everything that is on the floor away." That worked for a couple of weeks, but now they don't care. So, I say "Pick up before the timer dings and I'll read you 4 bedtime stories (because I'll have more time since I don't have to pick up everything)." Who cares? Stories shmoories. I am completely overwhelmed. I just want someone to come boss my kids and make them listen at the end of the day when they're done listening to me. I am SSSOOOOO tired. and my floors really need to be swept and vacuumed. The kids are talking to John on the phone now. Maybe that will help. The girl is really getting into the whole fit throwing thing. I don't know what to do with her. I have just been sending her to her bed, but she has figured out that I cannot send her to her bed when we're at the grocery store. NOW WHAT?!?! I want to beat her, but I know that won't solve it. Have I mentioned that I am tired? I feel like all I do when I blog is whine. It must be annoying to read it. I don't publish half the things I type because I would hate to read it if I were someone else. Anyway, I am thankful today because I found the title to the van, got the lien release in the mail and am going to sell it. I think I will try to come on here everyday and post something that I am thankful for.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:09 AM, Blogger SuperMom said…

    Ah, aren't those fun days? Days when you just want to grab their sweet, little faces and pinch them right off.

    I've tried the throwing away tactic. It didn't work for me either.

    I've been trying a new system here at our house that's working pretty good. I'll tell you about Sunday. Until then, why don't you give me a call and let's make a date for you all to come over for dinner. Sounds like it might help for you to see my kids in action. You'll feel better about yours ;-)

     
  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger LiteratureLover said…

    Man, I'm behind on reading your blog! I know these moments too. We'll talk. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home