The PINK Commander!!

Thursday, March 30, 2006

I feel like buying a new vehicle. Just for the heck of it, I called to see what kind of interest rate we could qualify for. After just a short while the finance dept. called me to say that we qualify for 0%. So, now I am in the mood for car shopping. I really want the Jeep Commander, but when you add the leather and DVD player it gets a little pricey. I will probably end up getting another mini-van. Why doesn't that excite me? I don't know another Mom that wouldn't scream at the chance or even the idea of going out and buying a new mini-van. In fact, most of the moms I know would do just about anything to get into a new clean mini-van. I guess I am just ungrateful and definitely very spoiled. If I called John and told him that I want a Hummer with all the options he would say "Ok honey, get whatever you want, you deserve it." As sweet as that is, it doesn't really help at all. I am too cheap and too practical to buy whatever I want. I don't want to spend the money on gas that an SUV would force me to spend. I wonder how much more expensive it would actually be. I wonder if it is really worth worrying about this much. I know it is not. I try to tell myself that I shouldn't stress out about stuff, especially money. I have never had a real reason to be worried about money. I think I just worry about it just in case or maybe for something to do when I'm bored. So, now I ask my church family (and I really do want honest opinions), what should I do? Get what I want (and don't complain about it every time I have to fill the tank), or get what is practical as far as original cost and gas mileage even though I don't really like it that much????
After I saved this as a draft I went to fueleconomy.gov. It's a pretty cool website (if you're obsessed with MPG, as I am). I found out that the Commander gets the same mileage as the Town and Country. So, now I just need to find a really good deal on the Commander, I think.

Ok, I posted this this morning. Since then I have been to a dealership to check out this lovely vehicle. Buying it new with everything I want will be pretty much the same as buying the van new with everything I want. Now the issue is solely practicality. The third row in the Commander is not as convenient as in a van and when in use there is no trunk space at all (like I could barely fit an umbrella stroller back there). BUT IT'S SO COOL!! What do I do?

3 Comments:

  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger thebarefootpoet said…

    I think as a general rule SUV's maintain their value better than mini vans. The Commander being brand new will make it hard to check that out, but you may compare mini vans to, say, a Tahoe, and see which would be easier to move down the road if necessary. One thing you are so right about, the Commander is so freakin' cool.

     
  • At 1:06 AM, Blogger SuperMom said…

    Oh my gosh. You are so ANALYTICAL!!!!!!!! Just go buy what you want and get it over with! What do you need with a third row anyway?

    There. Wasn't I helpful? :-)

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger jesprincess said…

    Update...I'm getting the ugle ol' uncool minivan again. Sigh. Practicality wins me over again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home