The PINK Commander!!

Monday, April 03, 2006

Why do I care what I look like? Why do I care if I feel "attractive" today? My man is gone, so the idea that I just want to look nice for my man will not do. I was thinking about this earlier today and the blog of a friend caused me to ponder it further. I'm trying to decide what to wear (every morning), but why does it matter what I wear? Nobody cares what I wear, except me. I don't believe that I am alone in this. I think every woman (or almost every woman) goes through this occasionally, if not daily), but I still ask...WHY? I am not trying to find a husband or impress a boss. I am not trying to enter a beauty contest, but I do want to feel good about the way I look. I am reading "Captivating" right now. I am only one third of the way through it but so far all it talks about is beauty, and how important and wonderful it is. I know that it isn't really talking all about physical beauty, but that does tend to be the focus I take most mornings. A couple of weeks ago I was hanging out with my cousin and I was just feeling kind of down. I was actually pretty crabby. It took me a while to put it together, but I did not like the pants I was wearing and I was having a bad hair day. Finally I changed pants and fixed my hair and my disposition changed...for the better. Why would that make such a difference? I know that I need to be much more focused on inner beauty. I know that is important. I know that is the beauty that lasts. That is also the beauty that I admire most in other people. I have never loved someone or even been friends with someone simply because they were "pretty to look at" but I have many friends that I love because of the person they are on the inside. Maybe I find myself so un-lovable and ugly on the inside that it is easier to focus on the outside...wow. This blogging stuff is dangerous. Well, I think I've spilled my thoughts for tonight. It's time for me to go sit in the corner and think about what I've done.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger SuperMom said…

    I hope you taught yourself a lesson in that corner, young lady.

    It is frustrating when you know the outside doesn't matter but we just keep coming back to it. You're right. It's easier to focus on the outside instead of the inside. The outside is easier to change. But there are days when having on makeup gives me the boost I need to get through my day. I don't know why. Let's face it, if we only did it for our men we would all have Rapunzel-like hair and strut around in bikinis because that's what they like. We do it for us, too.

    So, what did you come up with while pondering in the corner?

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger jesprincess said…

    "strut around in bikinis" That is the answer! Just kidding. That really got me laughing this morning. I still have not learned my lesson. I'm still not sure of exactly what the lesson is. I'm going to try to keep my focus on the inside today and see what happens. So far I have not showered and I did a load of laundry, swept and mopped my kitchen, and called the insurance co. to add the van, all after I made breakfast and took John Ray to school with enough snacks for the whole class. Pretty good morning even if I am still wearing my pj top and look greasy. hahaha

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger LiteratureLover said…

    You know, I don't think it's wrong to want to look pretty. God is the creator of beauty. He gives us the longing to be beautiful and I think that eventually points back to Him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home