The PINK Commander!!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

It is a struggle for me to see the difference sometimes between conviction and guilt...

In the same way that people learn differently (books, auditory, conceptually), people experience God differently. I recently had a conversation with someone who made it quite clear that "quiet time" was very important to her spiritual life. She spoke about how important it is that Christians "know the Word" and she (without coming out and saying it) made me feel like she believed one cannot have a working relationship with Christ without quiet time. Now, don't get me wrong, Scripture is vital to the Christ follower's path. There have been moments in my life when my time spent meditating on and memorizing Scripture have strengthened and awakened me in a way that nothing else can. However, the times in my life when I've felt most connected to Christ have also been the times I've felt most connected to others. The times in my life when my heart has been most prepared to invest in people has absolutely coincided with a loving Christian's time spent investing in me. I do believe that quiet time is important. If that is where God comes alive for you and if that is what makes you able to share Him with others, then that is probably the way you learn (at least for now). But, please, spare me the guilt trip.

P.S. Because the person I had this conversation with may read this in the future I feel it necessary to mention that I would gladly enter this conversation again and I don't mean to be talking about it without you. I just sometimes think more clearly when I have a chance to process things and it is not 4am. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger LiteratureLover said…

    I struggle with the continual quiet time myself. I've finally realized that God speaks to me all throughout the day and many times in the most unexpected moments.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home