The PINK Commander!!

Friday, July 14, 2006

Oh what a beautiful morning...not!

Little Girl crawled in bed with me last night/early this morning like she always does. No big deal, except at about 5am she says, "Mommy I threw up." So I get up and clean it up just in time for her to do it again in the floor. So I clean her up and put her back in my clean bed, clean the floor up and crawl back in bed with her. A few minutes after I reach the drifting back to sleep stage she blows chunks all over the place. It was literally projectile vomit. She puked all the was across a full size bed to the other side of it onto the floor and window sill. So, I strip her down, put her in the shower and proceed to clean everything up. It took me a while. I think it was about 6:30 by this time. I just left her in the shower the whole time I was stripping the bed and cleaning the floor and window, I figured she can puke in there and it doesn't matter. (Can you smell it yet?) Just as I'm getting her out of the shower and into pajamas, Little Boy comes into the bathroom without pants on and says he's peed his bed. That is unbelievable because this kid has NEVER peed his bed. So I finish getting Little Girl back to bed (her bed this time, it's smaller and easier to clean), then I clean up Little Boy and his bed and decide that I can't go back to sleep. What a way to start the day! I have to say though that I stayed very calm and sweet the entire time, that's pretty amazing for me. I just knew that it wasn't their fault and they couldn't clean it up themselves. It sucked. I've never had to do anything like that without Daddyman. Crazy, I know. There have actually been times when I didn't even know they were sick until the next morning when he told me that he had done all the laundry from the kids throwing up last night. He's so wonderful! How many husbands out there would have just rolled over and pretended they didn't know anything until their wife got up and took care of it? I miss him a lot.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger SuperMom said…

    You poor thing!! So sorry.

    You are a very blessed lady :-)

     
  • At 2:00 AM, Blogger Kyle said…

    First of all - of course all of us good husbands would have cleaned everything up and never interrupted our wives' blissful sleep... really!

    Secondly - look at this way - at least you got some laundry done and out of the way!

    ;~)

     
  • At 2:46 AM, Blogger SuperMom said…

    what wrong with sleeping thru all the hassle and commotion. its not my fault the kids need to be cleaned up............


    ........hubby of supermom

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger jesprincess said…

    hubby of supermom...BAD

    Supermom, I'm sorry. He's not really that bad is he? It's just a tough guy show he likes to put on right!

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger LiteratureLover said…

    Laughing. Oh my word, you really did have a yucky morning that day. I am so proud of you for staying sweet. It's sometimes hard to do when you're neck deep in puke.

    What a sweet Daddyman and what a naughty hubby of Supermom.

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger janiners said…

    I am so sorry to hear about your yucky morning last Friday. You know, girl, even though I know it's hard right now for you and family, I think you're doing such a great job and handling it all so well. I can see God at work in your life and I know someday you'll look back on all of this and wonder at all He did. I don't think you try to put on a happy face with us and are so real it can be brutal sometimes. But, that's soooooooo ok. :-)

    All you mommies at church leave a lot for me to live up to, you know that? :-) I only hope and believe God can do great things in my life because I've seen Him do it in all your lives.

    I can't tell you enough how much I'm looking forward to our little girls' weekend out! Woo-hoo!

    You're awesome and God is awesome in you, girl!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home