The PINK Commander!!

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Today I am thankful for my abilties.

Yesterday. We (my cousin and I) started getting Little Girl's room ready for painting. We took down all of the old border, moved everything out, packed up and put away all the stuff that's too small, including toys. We even started pulling down wall paper in Little Boy's room. Good day, or so I thought. Then her grandparents called us. They are super sweet people that would do anything for everyone, so I'm kind of glad when they tell me that they need a favor, I love these people. This is true love. They asked me to go get their dog, yes the four legged, smelly, hairy, mammal kind of dog. (In case you don't know me well...I HATE dogs!) So I tell them it's no problem and I'd be happy to do it for them, which I am happy to help them out, but with a dog! Yuck! Anyway, we take the stupid little thing to the vet because he's been coughing. I think we're just going to get to drop it off, but oh no, we have to stay and answer some questions. This is a truly disturbing place. In the corner of the lobby there is a cage with four tiny kittens (my children are both smitten), and every single person that walked my them muttered in a squishy baby voice "I would take you home if I could, yes I would." Blahck! There were people there holding their animals and talking to them and, get this, kissing them, on the mouth! Aaarrggghhh. Disgusting. Do these people know what else these dogs lick with those mouths? I'm assuming they do because they seem to spend many cherished hours with their pets, and yet they snuggle and smooch all over them still. Needless to say, I was extremely relieved to get out of that looney bin. We had to take the dog home and give it some medicine, again with the yuck. I actually had to touch the thing's mouth. Shudder. We finally get to leave the thing at it's house and by now I'm starving. So I go to one of my new favorite Mexican restaurants that is right around the corner from the ball game we'll be going to later. We pull up, get out, yank on the door and realize that it's closed. All the electricity on the block is out. Waahhh. I really love Mexican food and I really needed some. We drive around the corner and go to Taco Cabana (I had never been there and I loved it). Then we went to Lowes and picked up an inch thick stack of paint samples, nice. Then we were off to the ball game. First, I'm trying to meet my sister and we walk all the way to the end of the stadium because she's behind third base but we can't find her. So I call her cell phone only to find that she knows less about baseball than me (Girly Girl!) and that she is behind first base. We walk all the way back around and on our way we run into me mean old Uncle. Not who I wanted to see. They wanted to come sit with us, yippee! So I throw a little hissy fit on the side and then smile and have a friendly conversation. Later I ran into a friend from church (that was nice), she was smoking and I really wanted to be but I don't do that very often and never in front of my kids, so I was very envious and that's all I've been able to think about ever since. Finally, after a few songs and snacks Little Boy and I decide we're done and want to go home so we all say our goodbyes and head to the car. It gets better...you guessed it, another flat tire. @*$&#^%$*%@ I called AAA again and give precise directions (using words like south and east) to where I am and they can't find me. They are in the wrong parking lot. About 20 minutes later (an hour after I called) the truck finds me. This guy doesn't know how to change the tire either (in the stow n' go vans the spare is in a different place than other vans), but he figures it out and we finally left. Oh what a night!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger janiners said…

    Tonight, I'm gonna go home and talk to my kitties, hug 'em tight, and let them lick my hands like they always do - all in your honor. You are so funny, girl! I'm sorry you had another rough night with the van, though. I think you should seriously call AAA and ask them to get some educated people on their "rescue" staff. That's crazy!

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger SuperMom said…

    Good grief, woman! Do you ever have a dull, uneventful day?!

    Of course not. I don't either. That would be boring.

    I don't know what's up with AAA, but I think you need to complain.

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger LiteratureLover said…

    Man, you stay busier than a bee! I'm glad that the AAA guy was actually able to figure it out even though it took him a while to get there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home