The PINK Commander!!

Monday, May 15, 2006

9 days!

I get to see my Man again for a week. Yes, the kids get to see him too. I am so excited, at the same time I am already sad because this means he's about to be gone, I mean really gone. I won't be able to talk to him on the phone every night. I won't be able to call him in the middle of a really bad day and have him talk to the kids and make them "act right". I just miss him so much already. I know God uses these times to grow me in Him. I always come out stronger on the other side. I look back at every hard time I've gone through in life and can see a way God has used it, whether for me specifically or for someone I know. I know that I go through things to broaden my scope and to widen my experiences to be better prepared to share with and connect to others, but those thoughts really don't make missing my husband and playing single mom any easier. I suppose they should make it easier. I should be rejoicing during my trials. I have a hard time believing that's possible, truly. I do my best to get through everyday in a way that honors God and I like to think of who He is throughout the day and how He may be using me, but I still miss my Man. Thoughts of worship and sacrifice don't fill the gap that missing him has left, but they do help me remember that there is a reason and sometimes that is what gets me through a hard day. There is a purpose beyond what I can see now.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger LiteratureLover said…

    Wow. I'm sure you do have very mixed feelings. I'm so happy that you DO get to see him and spend some good quality time together. But I can see how it would make you sad as well. I'll be praying extra for you, him and your kids. If there is anything we can do, please call!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home