The PINK Commander!!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Ok, so I'm not blogging about something I'm thankful for everyday. Lately I've been extra thankful for my husband. I just think he's wonderful. I miss him a lot. My yard looks like crap. Oh, I'm also thankful that my cats killed (and ate) a squirrel. For those of you that do not know, I have a strong and passionate hatred for squirrels. They are evil!

Sunday night I decided to start singing (opera style) to my kids instead of yelling at them. Whenever I get really frustrated and feel like I'm about to blow a fuse I start singing at the top of my lungs about whatever it is that's driving me crazy, "I need you to stay in your bed, it is way past your bed time..." and so on. It has been great! Instead of being angry I begin to laugh and realize how silly it is that I am getting angry about this. I don't know how long this will last or how long it will remain funny, but I plan to enjoy it while it does last. I would like so much to be remembered as a mom who sang instead of a mom who yelled. My girl thinks it's funny and laughs hysterically. My boy thinks it's terrible and says, "Mommy stop, you're hurting my ears." It can't possibly hurt worse that anger.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger SuperMom said…

    Way to go! That's actually a great idea. Mind if I borrow it?

    BTW - Thanks for doing my schedule. You're hired :-)

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger janiners said…

    what an ingenious idea! i am laughing just imagining you singing your complaints opera style to your kids! i'm with supermom. i'm going to have to borrow that idea when i start to get frustrated with my family (which seems to come easier now that I'm pregnant - yuck! instead of having morning sickness, I'm just sick of everybody!). i'm not quite sure how Ryan will react - he could go either way. i'm sure Jerry and Jamie will look at me funny, no doubt. great idea! (maybe even a good idea for me when I'm on the road. instead of yelling at the rude drivers, I can just sing at them! :-) thanks for the inspiration!

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger LiteratureLover said…

    LOL! That's hysterical. I hope you get angry with me soon so I can hear some opera singing. ;)

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger heather said…

    no kidding! using that one! i've been wondering what would instill a healthy fear in my child, singing just might be the answer. thank you oh wish one.

    Janiners - lol! intstead of having morning sickness you're just sick of everybody! that's soooo true!! hang in there - only 8 more months to go before the REAL fun begins!!! lol - i can't wait ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home