The PINK Commander!!

Saturday, June 03, 2006

The show must go on!

Well, he's gone now. He was home for 9 days and now he's gone again. He won't be back for at least 13 months. He will miss Little Girl's first year of school, 4th and 5th b-day, Little Boy's K5 year, 6th and probably 7th b-day. He'll miss our 7th and 8th anniversaries, not to mention holidays and my birthdays and the everyday nonsense and comedy of life with our children. We will miss him.

I've been doing a little bit of cleaning up (after the endless party week we've had) and a little moping. The kids are back to their insane selves. Little Boy was trying to cheer me and Mamoo up last night. He was pretty funny. At one point he told me that I had water leaking out of my eyes. I think he was worried about that. I guess he's never seen himself leak water before. Little Girl started acting crazy the night before Daddyman left. She hasn't stopped yet, I don't think she will for another 6 weeks or so. Anyway, I've been at home all day. Paying bills and balancing the checkbook mostly. I finally decided to get dressed and go out somewhere about 3:00. So I get showered and dressed (make-up and nail polish) and get the kids ready to go. We head outside, load into the van, start the van...and the low tire pressure bell goes off. So I get out to see if I can at least drive to QT to air it up, nope, it's completely flat. We're not going anywhere. Waaahhhhh. So, now I am waiting for the AAA guy to get here and fix the tire while I blog about the misery. I don't want to stay home. The kids are going to Mamoo's and I'm going to have dinner with some friends. The show must go on.

Update: THe AAA guy showed up and doesn't know how to change my tire. There are so many curse words flying through my head right now I don't know how I could get them all out. How the hell do you become a AAA guy with a big tow truck and not know how to get a spare tire out from under a van and change the damn thing?!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:59 AM, Blogger LiteratureLover said…

    I'm so sorry that your man is gone and that he's going to miss out on so much. You sure seem to handle all this with grace even though I know you are hurting. I'm glad you got to get out a little tonight.

    You had me laughing at the last sentence of your post:
    "How the hell do you become a AAA guy with a big tow truck and not know how to get a spare tire out from under a van and change the damn thing?!"
    That IS weird!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home