The PINK Commander!!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The past week.

Most of you know about all this but I really need to get it all out, again. A week ago today my sister-in-law lost her baby. She was almost 12 weeks along and it was her first. I am heart-broken for her. I cannot imagine the sadness she must be feeling. She's trying to act like it's no big deal. She doesn't want anyone to see how upset she is. She's always been like that. I really want her to know that it's okay to be sad. When I told her I was sorry and hugged her for the first time after she found out she said, "It's okay, it's just one of those things." It's not just one of those things. You were a mommy and excited to be one and now all of a sudden you're not. I didn't say all that because I didn't want to upset her. Another reason this is so sad for me in particular is that I feel terrible about the attitude everyone had about this baby (and its daddy) to begin with (me included). The good thing is that nobody ever voiced a negative word to Sis but we all felt them and had them in our hearts. I know that we didn't cause this, but I still feel some guilt about it. Through this heartbreak I have seen a side of her fiance that I can respect. He's been wonderful to her.

The other thing that is still in my head that I want to get out again is that Tuesday when I took little girl to gymnastics I found out that one of the other little girls in her group died last week. She was three. She had a tummy ache and went to the Dr. and was going to go back to the Dr. for more tests in the morning and died that night. That is all of the story I got Tues. morning from the other parent who knows her family and goes to church with her. Later that night I was telling my Grammy about it and she knows the Dr. who treated her. The rest of the story is that the little girl had a bladder infection a couple of weeks ago and the parents didn't fill the prescription for antibiotics. So the infection spread to her heart. That may not have been the cause of death. Her liver and heart were enlarged and the liver made it seem like maybe she had hepatitis. But the parents don't want to know why she died so there will be no further tests or an autopsy. I just keep thinking "How would you recover from that?" They also have a 5 year old boy. How do you tell your son that his sister is never coming back? I can't imagine having to live through something like that. I hope I never have to find out how to survive heartbreak like that.

So, there are two families to keep in our prayers tonight.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger janiners said…

    girl, I was so sorry to hear about your sister-in-law losing her baby. It hits too close to home for me right now and to be honest, sometimes this week I haven't wanted to think about it, but it just keeps coming to my mind. I've been praying for her and your family. it is so sad......

    as for little girl's friend, i will be praying for her family as well. it just sounds like a very terrible situation they have gone through altogether.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home